The first post of Rosalilium’s ‘Blog Every Day In May’ should be an easy one as 90% of you probably know nothing about me at all. However, I find myself dithering over what to write. I’m feeling a little bit brave today so here we go…
5 things you didn’t know about me
- I suffer from anxiety and have done since my teens. I won’t lie – anxiety has held me back all my life. It’s stopped me making friends; it’s allowed me to be bullied and prevented me from doing what I really want to do – I honestly think that’s sad. There shouldn’t be a stigma attached to mental health at all and I truly hope that if anyone out there that struggles too finds the courage to fight it. Talk about mental health. ALL. THE. TIME. Mental illness IS an illness, just like any other and just because you can’t see it, doesn’t make it any less important. It doesn’t mean it isn’t there.
- I’ve always wanted to write since I was a GCSE student all those many moons ago. I love classic literature and have always had a fondness of the written word. My childhood dream was once to become a journalist. I guess that’s why I first started writing online – somewhere for me to express myself without anxiety. Or that’s the plan anyway. Saying all that, I am ashamed to say that I can’t remember the last time that I read A WHOLE book. That’s awful isn’t it? I just find it so hard to turn my brain off enough to allow myself to become absorbed in a story. Does that make sense? Maybe I should write one instead?! 😆 😆
- I have a random allergy to chillies. It’s only since I developed this allergy that I’ve realised just how many pre-prepared food items (especially convenience foods) actually contain chillies in some form or another. It’s another reason to cook from scratch as much as possible, I guess! I can no longer cook with fresh chillies either which breaks my heart as I LOVE cooking homemade curries.
- I am a beauty product, homewares and YouTube addict. You won’t be surprised if I tell you that my favourite types of YouTube videos are usually hauls. Mainly because I’m a (window) shopaholic, and a nosy cowbag! 😆 😆 I love cushions, candles and canvases with little motivational quotes as they all allow me to update my house without making my husband weep. I am a highstreet girl when it comes to cosmetics and I’m loving all things Make Up Revolution at the moment.
- I’ve struggled with my weight since I entered my 30’s. I was always fairly slim growing up, so I’ve not enjoyed seeing my dress size go up and up. I am quite active but unfortunately for me, I am an emotional eater. I eat when I’m anxious. I eat when I’m down. I struggle to have a healthy relationship with food on both ends of the spectrum and this is why I think, personally, that I don’t do well on diets. Any tips on this would be gratefully received as I have around 2 and 1/2 stone to lose!
Apologies for my inane ramblings, I hope you’ve enjoyed this post anyway!