Today’s prompt for #BEDM is ‘Food, glorious, food!’ so it would be a crime for me not to write a recipe today. Admittedly, it’s a really easy recipe but it’s one that I really enjoy. I just love these gorgeous cream cheese filled baby peppers; they are great as a side dish, snack or even as finger food at a Summer BBQ! For stress-free entertaining, make them in advance to be eaten cold.
Before I begin, just look at these beautiful baby peppers! How can anyone resist these beauties?
- Baby peppers (2 per person) – I buy Asda Snacking Peppers (£1.38)
- Cream Cheese (Full fat or Light – which ever you prefer)
- A little olive oil for roasting
- Your choice of toppings: Black Pepper, salt, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, chopped chives, chopped red chilli…. whatever takes your fancy.
- Preheat oven to 180C (Gas mark 4)
- Slice the peppers in half (as shown above) and remove all seeds and any white flesh.
- Place on a baking tray and lightly drizzle with olive oil
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until the peppers are soft and as well done as you like (I like them ‘just cooked’, hubby likes them almost incinerated 😆 )
- Leave to cool completely if you are eating them cold, or just cool enough to handle if you want to eat them hot.
- Fill with the cream cheese and them top with herbs or spices of your choice. I like freshly ground black pepper and a tiny pinch of salt. Hubby likes them fiery and enjoys chopped chilli or cayenne pepper. He also really likes smoked paprika (a wonderfully smokey heat rather than a fiery kick)
I’m taking part in Rosalilium’s Blog Every Day In May challenge. I’m looking forward to reading other #BEDM posts! You can find out more by clicking the badge below: