Today marks to start of British Sandwich Week and that’s also day 8’s prompt on #BEDM, so I thought I’d share my favourite toastie recipe of all time. I often make variations of this recipe and it’s totally delicious!
- 2 slices of your favourite bread – I like homemade white bread or multigrain seeded.
- Butter/spread – I butter the bread lightly and this makes the toastie crispy , golden and delicious.
- Your favourite cheese – I use a mix of sliced mozzarella and a mature cheddar for a full flavour that melts into gooey stringy loveliness.
- Caramelised onion – You can cook your own or use from a jar.
- Lashings of your favourite tomato chutney – Asda make a lovely chutneys in their Extra Special range – these make incredible variations. Likewise, The English Provender Co. make exceedingly good chutneys.
- Finally scatter with basil leaves – I’ve also used watercress and baby spinach.
Pop on its bread lid and toast in a Panini press, or cook each side in a pan until golden and the cheese has melted.
I’m taking part in Rosalilium’s Blog Every Day In May challenge. I’m looking forward to reading other #BEDM posts! You can find out more by clicking the badge below: