I’m back with day 2 of #BEDM and today’s prompt is share an opinion-based post. Hmm, well, as much as I like to be opinionated, I try to keep controversy off the blog (for now anyway 😆 ) so instead, I’m sharing a tongue in cheek list of things that I’ve learned in recent times; as a parent and well…. as a human being.
- No matter how much fun you have with your kids on a day out, one will always whine all the way home.
- ‘Netflix and chill’ DOES NOT MEAN ‘Netflix and chill’!
- Fun fairs make you spend almost a weeks grocery money on everything that will make your children puke.
- It is possible to love and freaking despise LEGO at the same time.
- I can make sh*t disappear by the time I count to 5. iPads, phones, wi-fi connections….
- There is no such thing as ‘too many eyeshadows’…or nail polishes, make up brushes, blushers, shoes….things…..
- I’m a great judge of character, and so is Karma.
- Wine o’clock should be written into my daily routine.
- It is possible to become widowed by a video game.
- You simply can not declutter anything with a child around. The ‘bin/recycle’ pile suddenly becomes a trove of ‘my favouritest toy EVER’.
- Something more painful than helping your child with their homework is teaching your mum to use a mouse.
- When you finally find something your toddler will eat and stock up on it in case the factory burns down and they can’t make it anymore…you can guarantee they will hate it by the time you’ve unpacked the shopping bags.
- I do not give my youngest enough credit. She is fearless and determined. It’s me that over-thinks and worries too much.
- After having a wonderful long weekend with my favourites, I declare that all weekends should consist of three days. I might start liking Mondays then! 😆
I’m looking forward to reading other #BEDM posts! You can find out more by clicking the badge below:
Yeah yeah… you’ve heard that all before, I know. Me too, but this IS a new challenge that just so happens to have come about as we wearily stumble our way into 2016 full of too much Prosecco & mince pies…. Oh, and cheese. FAR TOO MUCH CHEESE!
Anyway, I’m not going to suddenly find my inner gym bunny and start sweating on a treadmill, no. I am going to blog! Huzzah!! Something I used to love and then loathed for a bit. I’m hoping I’ll love it again as I do miss it in some ways. I am what they call a creative soul… which basically means I am a slob… I make mess wherever I go and I blame my ‘creative mind’. You should try it, sometimes I even get away with it!
In all seriousness, I like to be creative, whether it’s jotting down my inane ramblings, penning a poem, drawing something pretty, cooking my heart out in the kitchen (the mess people! Oh, the mess!) or just painting my nails… I like to be doing something so a blog is somewhere I can document all those things whilst *hopefully* connecting with some like-minded peeps along the way.
So… ladies and gentlebugs this is my very first post on my very new and shiny blog. I will be posting all about our family meals; there might even be some healthy eating going on… I said might. I am really in to beauty products and homewares… totally Cath Kidston, Make Up Revolution, Primark and Yankee Candle OBSESSED and I do love a bit of YouTube so fully expect me to mention Tanya Burr, Zoella, Fleur De Force and the like…. I think I’ll have to write a post about my fave YouTubers!!
I have some recipes to write up, so those will be on the blog soon.
If you want to find out a little bit more about me, then have a read of this!
Happy New Year everyone! I really hope that 2016 brings you every happiness!
If you’re a tweeter, please do give me a follow (love you long time!)